It may happen to you various times when you are in a hurry and slam the door behind you, suddenly you realize that you forgot to take the keys. It can happen to anyone and ruin the whole day. No one wants to get locked out of a house, office or the car. That’s why it is important to always keep a spare key with you.
Locked out of the apartment or office is the most frustrating and stressful experience that no one wants to repeat it in their life. Because it creates unnecessary issues in front of you and wastes a lot of time. Below are some essential tips to get rid of locked out situation.
1. Always have a spare key: Having a spare key is one of the best and easy ways to get an entry into your house. If you have a duplicate key, make sure you hide it in a secure place. Don’t make mistake by hiding it under the doormat and in a flower pot. Because intruders target these areas first to find the keys. You can give the keys to a person that you can trust.
2. Invest in a keyless doorknob: Have you thought of installing keyless doorknob or keyless digital locks? Investing in a keyless door lock is a very convenient way to open the door in a bad situation. These locks are very secure and easily installed by a professional locksmith. Digital locks are very hard to open for intruders, because these locks need fingerprints, a number combination and even eye scanning to open the door.
3. Make it a habit: It is crucial to make it a habit to carry your house, office or car keys always with you. Before leaving your house in the morning, check your purse or wallet to ensure that you have your house, office and car keys. If once you shut the door and forget to carry the keys, it will waste your precious time and you will not reach the office at the time. So, always check the wallet or purse before you leave the house.
4. Replace old locks: Five to ten years old locks can cause several problems. If you use different keys to open the door, it stresses the key and will break. If once the key breaks under the lock, you are not able to remove it and open it. In such situation, only a professional locksmith can help you.
5. Call a professional: If you don’t have a spare key and any other option to get entry into your house, it is advisable to hire a professional locksmith. A certified technician is well equipped with all the equipments and they know how to unlock the door.
When the locked out situation occur, you feel like a helpless person and try to get rid of the situation. In such situation, don’t get nervous, just think about the right solution. If you don’t have any solution to open the door, feel free to call us at St. Albert Locksmith.
Write a comment: